A sharp contrast is nevertheless present : How such a deficit could be reached in a country whose brand are very often perceived as a reference and a proof of quality standards.
Multinational companies very often create umbrellas corporations to host and gather their brand range. This reference to the brand ownership, is sometimes very helpful to position the product in the consumer’s mind, enhancing this pride for excellence, creating mutual benefits of long lasting products. Could the state help represent those brands on behalf of the general willingness for competitiveness?
Non tariff barriers become much more prevalent in times of recession. As a result, strategies should not really be the implementation of restrictions for international brands coming on the French territory. Otherwise, shall we establish penalties for companies pretending to be French but not employing enough French labor? This sounds hard to do given that customer’s benefits are often reached thanks to cost savings…
Provided the economical context remains similar in the coming years, economists would traditionally define restrictive measures as barren ones in a time when growth has to be promoted. Instead of preventing foreign direct investment, which is essential to maintain competition alive, another opportunity could be for our nation to create its own label. «Made in France». Very few brands boast themselves with this argument, forgetting though, the huge reinforcement on value proposition this added positioning can have.
- Products of which manufacturing is perceived as essential:This category is represented by products like wine, food and catering, any type of beverages and products where human’s hands and/or earth soils are predominant.
- Product of which design and intangible assets is more important: Typically products like cloth or electronic device are well known for how they are thought, in terms of package and how they look like. Few customers really think of the necessity of human intervention in order to produce them, since those products don’t really have any natural connotations.
What would be the way for the state to help them compete their international challengers.
- DESIGNED IN FRANCE: this label would represent products like fancy cloth, or any type of famous fragrance packages.
- MANUFACTURED IN FRANCE: Knifes, or any type of upscale furniture and home design products or even luxury pens would fit those requirements.
- PRODUCED IN FRANCE: Wine and finest food products like typical biscuits or pastry would be added in this label.